- Annemarie Pierik
- 088-99 88 100
For Maples Group (Amsterdam) we are looking for a:
Fluent Dutch and English is required for this role
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Located in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth
The Maples Group looks to add an Amsterdam based Compliance Officer (“CO”) to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The CO reports into and supports the Regional Head of Compliance (“RHOC”). Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: providing advice, assistance and guidance for all regulatory Compliance related business activities in our fiduciary and trust company services business in the Netherlands.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercising responsibility for the Netherlands compliance program designed to comply with and detect violations of local and applicable compliance related legislation including anti-money laundering/countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations and legislation.
- They will ensure that appropriate compliance, including AML/CFT standards, practices and internal controls are adopted, published and explained whilst ensuring that effective systems exist for communicating compliance program standards and providing guidance.
- Oversight of the client take on process, delivering the ongoing compliance monitoring program including client reviews, checks against international watch / sanctions lists, and assisting with the preparation/delivery of training for staff.
- They will be the main point of contact with the Dutch Central Bank (DNB)
- Manage and support the Compliance Analyst in their role.
- Regular reporting into local senior management as well as the board of Maples Fiduciary Services (Netherlands) B.V.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to deal with all levels of staff.
- They will possess strong attention to detail and be able to manage time effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Netherlands Trust Company anti-money laundering regulations and legislation is required.
- Must be fluent in both Dutch and English
- Experience in a trust or fiduciary services office would be advantageous
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a recognised compliance qualification (International Compliance Association Certificate or preferably Diploma level) and/or have at least three years’ previous experience in a similar role
Benefits & Rewards
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world’s preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
If you want to apply, please follow this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o20RjfwW&s=Netherlands_Compliance_Institute
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.